Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ginger 7/11/2000-12/2/2012

The most heartfelt posts often come out of raw emotions. Tonight, I was just finishing up baking, feeling brutally exhausted from cookies, and struggling to find out what is wrong with my little dog. I had just cleaned the table off and I looked at Ginger panting on the rug again. I just wish I could help her. I bent over, turned on the twinkle Christmas tree lights, picked up Ginger and sat down with her. She loved to be held like a baby. She died in my arms after 30 seconds of me holding her. She must have really needed me tonight. I held her as she passed on, and set her on the floor as she took her last breaths. The silence is so immediate. I miss her already.

 
This was Ginger and I last Saturday when we got our Christmas Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment