Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mini Cakes for Mommy

                     Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and Grandma!

Instead of going out for a traditional brunch we decided to stay in and relax at our wonderful home with the beautiful weekend weather. I decided to try out some of my new recipes and make today worry free for my Mom.

On the menu was stuffed burgers, grilled veggies, sliced chive and cheese potatoes and vanilla glazed cream cheese filled cakes.

Stuffed Burgers:
2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
1 package Onion Soup Mix
Egg
4 Jalapenos chopped
Feta or Bleu Cheese
Mixed Shredded Cheese
Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
Crumbled Bacon



Mix ground beef, onion soup mix, and egg together. Form 12 equally thin patties. Combine chopped Jalapenos, 3 cheeses, and crumbled bacon. Mix together and add a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto 6 of the patties. Cover the mixture with the remaining patties making sure to seal the edges completely together. Refrigerate until ready to grill.

 
The sweet treats I made today were vanilla glazed cream cheese filled mini cakes.
They are so fun and cute! You can use any traditional cake mix and mini pans. I made a regular vanilla cake batter and filled the mini pans about half way.
The filling was 8oz of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, 1.5 cups confectioners sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream as needed for thinning. I used a cake decorating tip to fill the cakes with the cream cheese mixture after I had gently glazed the cakes with a basic confectioners sugar and vanilla glaze.
A fresh strawberry was the perfect decoration on top!
These were a huge hit especially for my family who isn't super fond of basic frosting!
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment