Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baked Apples

I couldn't believe how simple this recipe was to make, and how great the fresh apples tasted! If I would have closed my eyes I would have thought I was eating warm apple pie!

Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wash and remove the core from the center of each apple. (Make as many or as few apples as you would like.) Take a glass baking dish and put just enough water in it to cover the bottom of the pan. Add 1.5 tsp. of vanilla to the water.

Step 2. For every apple you are going to bake add a tablespoon of butter and two table spoons of brown sugar to a bowl. Mix together. Add ground cinnamon to the taste. Feel free to make it your own, some people add raisins, almonds, or other nuts. Stuff mixture into the apples until it is spilling out the top. Some people suggest peeling a thin layer of the apple skin off so it can absorb more flavor but from now on I will skip that step, I am pretty sure that it added nothing more to the flavor. Sprinkle the water and apples with granulated sugar, cinnamon, and a little nutmeg. Put into oven and bake for 20 minutes with tin foil on, and 20 minutes with the foil off. (Times may very depending on the size of your apples.)

Step 3. Bake until golden brown and soft to the touch. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream of course! Enjoy your delicious autumn treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment