Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fine Motor Skills

As a preschool teacher I had to change my sensory table out weekly, which was good because the children never really had the chance to get bored with the activities!  Now that I don't have to change the items out as often I try to put more skillful items in the sensory table that the little one can practice. We do not have the need for the school size sensory table, so we just use his water table as a sensory table now during the winter months.

For Feburary, we used uncooked noodles and pipe cleaners in the sensory table! He loves practicing his fine motor skills by placing the noodles on the pipe cleaners! The pipe cleaners are so much easier at his age then string, he is able to grip them firmly and they are so much more sturdy. I love watching him focus! Such determination in his eyes! What a little angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment