Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day 2012

Happy May Day!
You do know what May Day is right? Apparently, many people now days do not know about the Spring Celebration! I grew up making May Day Baskets and filled them with sweet smelling flowers, treats, and other homemade goodies. My Mother and I would stuff the baskets and bring them to neighbors or friends, then I would hang the basket on the door, ring the bell, and run from whomever answered the door. If the person caught you, they were supposed to kiss you!

Today, I decided to make May Day Baskets with the little guy! His parents had never heard of May Day, or any of the cute ways to celebrate, so we made his Mom a basket and brought it to her work, as she was on call tonight. We weaved the baskets, the little guy colored a cards, then we went and picked fresh lilacs to fill each basket. They were so cute!


I was a little disappointed to find out that nobody in our local neighborhood celebrates May Day anymore, but then I came home to find a little something! My thoughtful husband gave me my own May Day Basket, filled with some sweet treats, an itunes gift card, and some delicious bath soaps. I am so very lucky to have such a sweet husband!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh! how sweet is Josh! you are very lucky to have a very super extra affectioned husband :)
    I am going to show this to Toddy so he can learn a little bit from Josh haha

    ReplyDelete