Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Door Closes

If I keep moving, I do not have time to think.
Today, I stopped moving.
It is a blessing from God for this hour of clarity amongst my chaotic life.  

Changes will soon be on the horizon for me!
 I have recently learned that the love of my life (not my husband, the much younger one) will be moving with his family to FL as the good doctors embark on their journey towards better career opportunities.

I haven't fully processed what this means for me as of right now but I am starting to feel terribly heartbroken to lose the little boy I have been raising for past couple years.
  He has been the absolute love of my life.

While part of me feels a sense of relief that 12 hour days will soon be a thing of my past, I have realized that when you work 60 hours a week with a child, you become a third parent! We not only shared our days together but weekends, and nights! Ari and I have sailed beautiful blue oceans together on crusies, we've spent days in Cozumel, Mexico.  We've walked the beaches of Key Biscayne and Miami, we have strolled down Lincoln Road in South Beach, we shared a coconut drink at the southern most point of the US in Key West. We have been professional travelers, in fact, I am better at packing his suitcase than my own! I have been so blessed to share so many special moments in life with him.

 I was there his first day holding his head up,  I taught him how to hold his bottle, I held his hands as he took his first steps, I recorded his first time going on the potty, I practiced his alphabet with him daily until he could sing it himself,  I taught him how to spell his name. And while I am not his Mother, I am a close runner-up and everyone of those milestones is as much a success for me as it is for him.

I was there to witness today's latest accomplishment as he recited a mealtime grace, thanking God for his food, with his hands folded in front of him. He has been such a blessing in my life. I am excited for him, (and incredibly thankful) that the move may possibly mean more time for him with his parents, which every child deserves. My hope is to remain positive for both little guy and myself, that these changes may bring us happiness and opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment