Monday, June 4, 2012

These are the Days of America!

In one month we will celebrate Independence Day! My mission is 'Thirty Days of Patriotism' on Divine Country Blessings! The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays! Usually, I like to have my house done up for for Memorial Day, but I was out of town, so I really need to hurry up to get everything done before Flag Day on June 14th. As I begin to deck my house out in red, white, and blue, I am excited to share my festive love of country with all of you guys!


I decided to share a couple of my favorite founding father quotes this evening!

"Rise early, that by habit, it may become familiar, agreeable, healthy, and profitable. It may for a while be irksome to do this, but that will wear off and the practice will produce a rich harvest." -George Washington, January 7th 1798.
"You and I ought not to die before we have explained ourselves to each other."
 - John Adams, July 15th 1813
"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."
- Thomas Jefferson, August 1st 1816
"There are some who pretend that it is against their consciences to take up arms in defense of their country; but can any rational being suppose that the Deity can require us to contradict the law of nature which as been written in our hearts, a part of which I am sure is the principle of self-defense, which strongly prompts us all to oppose any power that would take away our lives or the lives of our friends?"- Samuel West, May 29th, 1776



Below is my new Uncle Sam nightlight! I have started a collection of holiday night lights, they make the house feel so cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment