Monday, June 11, 2012

You've Got to Stand for Something

I have always been a proud American! I probably learned the feeling of pride in country from my father. He has always been especially proud to live in the wonderful USA. Although my Dad isn't too political, he always believes that we have to stand proud as a country, and attempt to do what is fair and what is best for the people.

The feeling of pride didn't stop there either. We were raised to proud of ourselves, our heritage, our family, and of our accomplishments. My parents made sure to let us know that being proud was not the same thing as arrogance, nor did it mean that we didn't make mistakes. Lord only knows my sins! I think that one of the most important lessons I have learned about pride is that you can still stand tall while owning your mistakes, apologising, and living your life in a way pleasing to God. I was happy tonight to have a conversation with my Mother, who reminded me that I am living the life I chose for myself. I CAN AND DO feel proud of myself because I am not afraid to apologise, to do what is fair, and attempt to treat people in a way pleasing to the Lord! Thank You Mom and Dad for teaching me what it means to be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment