Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shadow Box

              Today, I worked only 6 hours instead of my usual 12, so I was so excited to get home and finish some things up around the house! One of those things was a shadow box that I received as a wedding gift from my childhood neighbor, Debbie Adams. It was a beautiful wooden shadow box, and inside Deb had already placed our wedding invitation and a yellow flower, against the green background. I chose the sentimental items to be placed inside this week!

         Some of my favorite items placed inside are: the cork from our first bottle of champagne we drank on our carriage ride, my great grandmothers hankie, my parents cake cutting knife from their wedding, and the yellow rubber ducky from the children's meal cups we had at our reception. I love this colorful display and I think that every time I look at this shadow box it will remind me of our wedding, and the love that was shared on that special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment