Saturday, September 8, 2012

Apple Picking

My Saturday was filled with blessings. Let me start by saying that sleeping at my parents house is the most relaxing feeling in the world. I love having the windows open and the breeze flowing through the house without having to worry about my husbands allergies. While days start earlier at the Van Donsel house, they are filled with much more fun than any day in the city. I love skipping the blow dryer and flying down a trail on the ATV to get the same job done. I love home so much, that if it wasn't frowned upon for a young married couple to live apart, I would move back home! :)

Today, my amazing husband and brother-in-law came with to take my Grandma to lunch and apple picking. I am so blessed that I have such wonderful, loving men in my life. It has not been a great apple season but we had fun picking a lot of Haralson apples, which are great for baking. We also made a stop at a local homegrown stand and picked up a ton of squash!

Tonight, we had our friends over for dinner, it was nice to share drinks, laughter, and friendly conversation with people who mean so much to us. And did I mention I was able to snuggle with my adorable God-daughter? She is such a precious angel.









No comments:

Post a Comment