Monday, September 17, 2012

Collections

Some of my most favorite things in the world are the little collections that make me smile.

1. Aprons- I love spending my time baking, so it only makes sense that I also love aprons. Some of my favorite aprons are vintage finds from Etsy.

2. Cookie Cutters- Cookies are such a simple and easy treat to make any celebration special, I like having a large collection so that I am able to whip up cut-outs at a moments notice. I am always looking for unique cutters that aren't too difficult to decorate.

3. Dolls- I started collecting dolls after my Grandmother passed down several of her dolls to me. I love having a doll room in my house!

4. Sports Memorabilia- I have always been a sports lover. I can't remember my first piece of memorabilia but in college I bought a DWade print and my collection started growing. Now, for holidays and anniversary's, or birthdays, I usual pick up a piece for our collection. Josh's favorite gift was a Valentine's Day present in 2007 when I bought him a 'Miracle On Ice' print.

5. Children's books- I started collecting my favorite children's books when I was a preschool teacher, but my collection really grew when I started working as a nanny. I am excited to have my own kids someday to share all of these books with them!

6. Agates- I started collecting agates when my dad would bring them home for me from work. He taught me what they looked like and how to find the eye of the rock. They are so beautiful and if I had more time I would love to spend a weekend agate hunting. (I realise that to most people looking at rocks all weekend sounds like an awfully boring experience.)

7. T-shirts- I love vintage t-shirts! Josh attempts to make me throw one shirt away every time I get one, but I am pretty sneaky. I feel like t-shirts hold so many memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment