Monday, September 24, 2012

Creative Caramel Apples

One of my favorite autumn treats is a caramel apple! My mother used to help my brothers and I make caramel apples for the neighbor kids as Halloween treats; this was back in the day before you had to worry about weird neighbors poisoning your children. Today, I made some caramel apples and used all sorts of treats to decorate the apples. I used twigs as the sticks for my apples as a simple and easy alternative. After washing the apples and trimming the twigs to size, I melted the caramels with a little bit of sweet and condensed milk to make the caramel a little more thin.  After dipping the apples I used little dishes of pecans, sliced almonds, sprinkles, crushed Oreo's, crushed Butterfingers, and Reese's pieces to decorate the apples. As a finishing touch I melted some milk chocolate to drizzle over some of the decorated apples. They turned out super cute and a very festive centerpiece for your table if you can resist eating them right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment