Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 20- "Be thankful for rest"

On the Seventh day He rested.
 I am thankful for days of rest, such as today. Rest is so very important for the mind and body to collect thoughts and restore ourselves to a healthy state of being. Today, I was able to rest, and collect my thoughts. A typical day of rest includes sleeping in (anytime past 5:30AM) , resting, spending quality time with my husband, and making time to do one of my many hobbies.

Today, I slept in and was able to spend the morning listening to some of my favorite music! Some Casting Crowns, Christmas music, and some new music that touched my soul by David Nail. I was also able to do some light organizing, and spend some time with my husband. This evening Josh made ground turkey tacos salads, a very healthy option. We also peaked into a couple Christmas bins and reminisced on a few pieces of speical decor.

 I am beyond thankful to have this entire week off from work. I hope to rest, get some household items finished up, and of course spend Thanksgiving with my wonderful family. We are going to Church on Thanksgiving Day with both sides of our families so that is super exciting! Thank you God for days of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment