Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 28-"Be thankful after a hard day."

It was my first day back to work in a week and a half. First days back are always hard.
Today, the little boy was sick. Stomach flu sick. Three sets of sheets, two loads of laundry, and a couple changes of outfits later he was finally starting to feel a little better. I pushed the pedialite Popsicles and water, but he didn't seem to have an appetite for anything.

The phone rang, it was mom. She was on her way to the University of Minnesota hospital. Grandma was already there. It was uncle Daryl. He was airlifted this morning, another stroke, bleeding in the brain. They were rushing him in for emergency surgery and she would call when she had more news. She said..." I don't know if he's going to make it, it sounds pretty bad."

I felt so helpless. I say a prayer, for him, for Grandma, for mom. I try to think positive, what good can come from this? I know God is with us all.

Cousin Stephanie texts, her dad is stable, and resting. My heart aches for her, but I know she has found peace and happiness in life.  Mom calls, he is still unable to talk to move his body. He will be in the ICU for a few more days and then they will try therapy to start working on his speech. Mom drove Grandma home, I am sure she is exhausted. Mom had a lot to say, she had been praying all day, Grandma had too. She prayed for changes in both her brothers lives. She prayed that good could come from this hardship.

I am thankful for this day and these experiences, so that I may be reminded that we never walk alone. He is always with us, and carries us through our hard days just as he brings joy to us on our easy days.

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12



No comments:

Post a Comment